“U.S. Department of Therapy”- #USDOT-RADio568
- One hour – once a week.
- Conversation between members of Trump Nation and Obama Nation.
- Organized in three parts – 20 minutes each.
- Focus on guests asking and answering questions with feedback that elicits understanding of what the other said.
- Where there is disagreement, focus is on understanding the other’s statement and idea.
- Moderator encourages sticking to these simple but difficult rules.
- Moderator summarize what was said, at transitions:
Proposed organization of US-DO-Therapy
FIRST 20 MINUTES: Who is this person? – not politically – humanely and respectfully. Ask each other questions – moderated so as not to get into political or ideological discussions.
- Concerns – local problems – personal and community
- Hopes for now and the future for self and family and local community.
SECOND 20 MINUTES: Identify a political / governmental / ideological issue that needs to be addressed by authority.
- Describe one social/political/governmental issue agreed on before starting.
- Getting and giving feedback – with the purpose of understanding the other person’s concerns – without judgement – attempting to understand without changing attitudes.
- Arguing with the other POV – What is the problem with the other person’s POV on that issue.
THIRD 20 MINUTES: Brainstorming for ways to move forward on this issue – is a compromise possible – or a new way of seeing the problem that had not been considered by either guest – i.e. – change the parameters of the issue being discussed. Getting to core values or ideologies that drive this issue.